Friday, February 3, 2012

On the Fence


 You would not think that one broken down fence would be such a hub of bird activity.
Behind the Diner I used to own such a fence existed. I used to put day old muffins on it to attract them. Then on my break I would go out with my camera. In one summer I took over 5000 pictures of just birds on this fence. Every kind of bird. Mostly these twelve sparrows that waited each morning for the muffins. One of my dear customers called them the 12 bandits. The woodpecker and the mocking bird were regulars as well. I had to learn to be fast with the focus ring. I still love to bird watch. I spent last Summer stalking a pair of bald eagles not far from my house. They are much tougher to get a capture of then my friends from the fence. I never really did get a good one. It takes a lot of patience to just sit and wait sometimes for hours. Much like fishing sometimes you get a good one sometimes nothing. But it is always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment