Friday, February 10, 2012

A Rose is a Rose


I have always been a die hard Apple Aperture
user for many years. Lately I have been very frustrated with the lag in time it takes to edit one image.  Sometimes ten minutes! It uses a lot of ram. So today I changed my "apple ways" and deleted aperture from my laptop. I researched for a few days before this decision and I went with Adobe Lightroom 3. I have been playing with it all day! The speed of this photo editor is amazing. The image on the top is edited with aperture and the image below is Lightroom 3. I found I had so much more control and an easier interface. It didn't take me long to find my way through the adjustments and tools. I won't be going back to aperture. For the price ($149) half price on adobe site until march 5th compared to $200. for Aperture on the Apple site. You get a lot more for your money. In my opinion. I try hard to set my camera when taking pictures to get the best possible image with the least amount of post editing. However that is not always the case. This is where Lightroom 3 will be my new best friend. Making a simple capture of a rose into a fun piece of art. Now I know a rose is a rose but there are seemingly no limits to what you can do with an image of one in Lightroom 3. 


1 comment:

  1. They are both lovely. I think the water droplets stand out more in the black and white version.

    I know several of my blogger buddies are using lightroom and their photos are lovely.

    There is nothing like the feeling when you are going through your shots...drop one in your editor, and realize you got it right in camera...no need to edit!!

    Thanks so much for your very kind comment. I truly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete