Friday, January 27, 2012

For the Love of Fruit

 I spent the day yesterday with my macro lens and a light box. That's what I do on a rainy cold Vermont day. I have photographed  a lot of fruit and I have to say grapes are my favorite. I took no less the 1227 images. Some of the tricks I use ( besides a spray bottle ) a can of silicone spray to make them shiny. An eye dropper to get that one perfect drop of water where you want it. A very sturdy camera mount. I built it myself from old tripod parts.  Lighting is a given. The best "new" thing I have found is tethering. I have a Mac book pro and the software was not very expensive. Add a shutter release cable and the camera is stock still for the best focus. Water and a mirror offer some great effects. The irony of all this is I am allergic to fruit. I became allergic as a teenager and have not had one bite since. I pay homage to my love of fruit that I can no longer have.
                                                                                   
                                                                                 

                                                                                                                           

3 comments:

  1. Fruity Reflections! I love this... you need to do this with all kinds of fruit - it is just so cool! And I adore the sprayed look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be so much easier if I could eat it lol. Thank for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photo tips as I never shoot fruit.lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete